Tuesday, August 25, 2009

budget blues

Numbers sure do add up quickly when it comes to weddings. On the one hand, I feel like we are in great shape because we've gotten a ton of the important things booked and out of the way. On the other hand, because we've gotten a ton of the important things booked and out of the way, the remaining funds are dwindling -- and I've still got more things to do (and pay for) than I can count on my two hands.

Our favors -- jars of Dad's honey -- will be inexpensive, and they'll also be personal and local, so we've got the best of all possible worlds there. I'm saving several hundred dollars by designing and letterpressing my own invitations, even with studio time and printing plates included. (Unfortunately there is no discount on postage... that remains a large chunk, no matter who makes the invitations. Boo!)

But I'm looking at my to-do list for other items that can be trimmed. I'm particularly antsy about the floral/decor category. Any of y'all out there in cyberspace have ideas for awesome and budget-friendly centerpieces? Thoughts on keeping your floral expenses low? I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment