Sunday, August 16, 2009

happy feet

I know you've all been waiting with bated breath to hear what the outcome of my shoe quandary would be, so here it is: they're keepers!

Turns out they look way better when you see them from across a room. I had tried them on about 1.5 feet away from the mirror -- not one of those helpfully angled shoe-store ones, either -- and looking down on them from that perspective just made me feel like my already large feet seemed even bigger. But I took them over to my parents' house today after church where I could get opinions from my mom and sister at the same time, and everybody loved them. (Actually, Dad and Jon could have cared less.)

After showing them off in the carpeted den, I tiptoed back to Mom and Dad's bathroom so as not to scuff the soles on the hardwood floors and got the full effect by standing on the edge of their jacuzzi tub and looking across the room into the vanity mirrors. SO. MUCH. BETTER. Once I go get a pedicure, maybe I'll model them on the blog for y'all. Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment