Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shoes?

My J. Crew final sale shoes arrived today, and... well, I dunno. I'm not convinced them's they, as I am wont to say. This is particularly unfortunate since they're not returnable, but if I decide they aren't for me, there's always eBay.

I knew the shipment would arrive today, and I had already envisioned shoe success in my head by the time I got home. The package was waiting for me on the doorstep, so I carried it upstairs to my apartment, took off my work pants and hung them up (so as to minimize cat-hair pickup), and took a deep breath.

They looked alright coming out of the box... so far, so good. Little frays of organdy that the fleur had shed were stuck to the satin. I brushed them off, but one was actually pull in the fabric on the right shoe. Defective merchandise can be returned! A loophole! But does this qualify?

After closer examination for other flaws, I slipped them on, buckled the ankle straps, and looked at my feet in the mirror. Meh. The fleurs had been squished flat for shipping, so I tried poofing them up a bit. Still meh. Fortunately the size was fine (though frankly my right foot could have used a 9 instead of a 9.5), but something about the shape of the part under my toes was weird. Somewhat too pointy, perhaps? Maybe it's that I needed a pedicure, or to shave my legs. Maybe they would have looked better if I had been wearing pants. Or maybe ivory shoes just won't even look good on a big-footed, pasty-legged lady like myself.

For now, the shoes have been carefully repackaged and are sitting in their box in my bedroom. I'll probably bust them out this weekend to get opinions from my mom and sister. This will certainly teach me to buy on impulse just because something is on sale! It's back the the ol' try-before-you-buy method for me.

1 comment:

  1. I ordered and then returned a pair of 'Crew heels. They were deliciously on sale (luckily not final!), but waaaay to tall to be comfortable, and one size too big. Sadly, I haven't found anything as pretty!

    ReplyDelete