Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the traditional registry

There are just some things that a bride-to-be has to register for -- things that, by merit of price and counterspace-consumption, indicate that you are a reasonably self-sufficient grownup, whether or not you purchased said things for yourself. The KitchenAid stand mixer is one such item, and I have my sights set on this one:


It's like a shiny new car! This is the special edition 90th anniversary (of KitchenAid) mixer -- my inside sources tell me it's only around until Christmas. The best part about this one is the glass mixing bowl with the measuring ticks (in place of the usual stainless steel bowl). No more fishing about with a spatula to see if the flour is fully integrated into the batter or stuck to the bottom! Delightful.

I come from a long line of kitchen-savvy ladies, so I expect I'll get a fair amount of use out of the inevitable stand mixer. If I'm lucky, I will eventually become a cheesecake master like my mother... but that's probably a few decades off.

Are you forgoing any typical registry items, or are you excited about getting some of the usuals?

1 comment:

  1. I am totally excited about the KitchenAid! I saw one in the flesh the other day and got a little excited!

    ReplyDelete