Thursday, September 17, 2009

bring on the parties!

This morning I got an email from one of my longest-time friends saying that she wanted to host a wedding shower for me over Thanksgiving when all of our high school buddies should be back in town. Wahoo! I'm so excited! This will be my first shower, and really the first weddingy celebration since I got engaged last March. Sometimes it's hard to see everybody who comes home over Thanksgiving, so I'm especially glad to have a party that will bring the whole gang together.

Because it's around the holidays, and because I looove Christmas, it's going to be an ornament shower. I've had a small collection of ornaments going since I studied abroad in Germany my junior year of college (hallo, Christmas markets! The beer dude at right is from Rothenburg ob der Tauber) but I can't yet deck the halls without candy canes and cheap colored balls from Target as filler, so this should definitely help us out.

Admittedly, a holiday-themed shower isn't the most original idea, but it promises to be super fun and it's right up my alley! The hostess and I talked about it over the summer and agreed it would be an excellent choice for me.

So, what about y'all? Do you have any fun showers or other parties coming up? What's the best (or the worst/weirdest) party theme you've ever heard of?

Little Man with the pile of rejects/duplicates from the ornament
advent calendar my dad bought all of us kids last year. I'm sure
I'll get some suitable replacements at the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment