Wednesday, September 2, 2009

left-hand hardware (for him)

Occasionally during the course of my daily Google reader regimen, I'll send Jon a blog post or two about something like centerpieces or groomswear. Most of the time it's something I find ridiculous, like any of the dresses from Mary's Bridal, or one of these manly-man wedding rings from Scott Kay:

Sparta

Javlin
(no I didn't misspell that -- Scott Kay did)


On a good day, the emails fall more along the lines of something I think he will like, as opposed to something I want to make fun of. The other day in my blog-trolling I came across a ring that was unusual and sort of masculine, but not in a cheesy, over-the-top way, so I passed it along:

from Jewelry by Johan via Something Old, Something New

Y'all know (or maybe you don't, but I'm telling you now) that I love Etsy, where this ring can be purchased for $799. It's white gold with an inlay of meteorite. Yes, METEORITE. Why not? Jon thought the ring was "pretty cool" and declared that he wanted it.

Jon and I have talked about wedding rings a little bit, but not a lot, and we haven't talked numbers. We'll be buying them for each other, so there is definitely a price ceiling -- one that we'll probably hit sooner rather than later. Part of me is a little wary of buying something custom/non-resizeable/returnable only for store credit/can't try before I buy... but I also like how different this one is. I'm also glad Jon seems to like it, which is more than can be said for a lot of things I've run by him so far. Ring-purchasing is a ways off yet, though, so in the meantime we'll poke around online to get a sense of pricing and go try some on at the mall or something to see what looks and feels good.

What do you think -- would you trust Etsy with a big purchase like this? If you're married (or soon to be and you have rings already), did you find a sweet deal on rings somewhere? Lemme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment