Thursday, September 24, 2009

more photos from the flood

As I mentioned on Monday night, the restaurant we've reserved for our rehearsal dinner got absolutely walloped in the Great Flood of 2009. I haven't heard any further reports on its condition or how long it will take to recover, but a friend of mine who lives in the neighborhood shared a few more photos with me.

Many special events at Canoe take place in the river garden, which has two tents and a lovely, winding pathway along the banks of the Chattahoochee. This is what it usually looks like:


The tents themselves are pretty fancy too. Check out the inside:


(all pictures above from canoeatl.com)

After Monday's deluge, this is what the river garden and tents looked like:

photo courtesy of Patti Heinz

Holy crap! Yeah, those are the tops of the tents. I'm sure the water has receded in the intervening days, and I'll probably post again once I hear what their outlook for the future is, but I just had to share that picture with y'all.

Hope everyone is staying high and dry!

1 comment:

  1. oh boy! hope that everything turns out alright and drys out!!!!

    ReplyDelete