Saturday, September 12, 2009

nice paper, nice people

Yesterday I stopped by a paper supply store to see if I could get my hands on the various colors and thicknesses of Crane's popular Lettra paper. I probably won't be ordering from them (because I won't need bulk quantities), but I knew they carry the papers and I needed to see my options before committing to something. They wouldn't sell me any single sheets of Lettra stock, but they oh so generously gave me their extra, slightly worn swatch book, which is super helpful. Check it out:

The swatch book has a stock chart, samples of all the papers
in the line, and a flip book of what each printing process
looks and feels like on each weight and color of paper.



the swatches


Letterpressing on pearl white 110 weight paper

If I hadn't gotten a chance to see the different kinds of paper, I may have ordered the double-thick paper for our main invitation. It almost feels like cardboard, though. I think I'll end up using regular weight paper for that, and maybe the heavier paper for our rsvp postcard so I can print on both sides without it showing through. Thanks, Mini Mac! You have made my life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment