Friday, September 25, 2009

Our first present!!!

I returned home from work yesterday to find a box from Williams-Sonoma on my doorstep. I haven't ordered anything from Williams-Sonoma recently... HOLY CRAP IT'S A WEDDING PRESENT! Daaah!

Inside the shipping box was another box wrapped in cream and gold pineapple-print paper and tied with a dark green ribbon. I decided I would be a good fiancee and wait until Jon got home from work to open the gift, though I did read the card that came with it:

KATHLEEN AND JON
HOPE THIS GETS LOTS OF USE.
YOU'RE A GREAT MATCH.
AND SO IS JO FOR YOUR OLD APT!
LOVE, [FORMER LANDLADY]

How sweet is that? When Jon and I moved in together a few months ago, I helped my landlady find a new tenant by putting her in touch with one of my best friends (and bridesmaids) who was moving back to Atlanta. Now my friend has been in my old apartment for a month and things are going swimmingly for all. My former landlady and I have been in touch intermittently since I moved out, but I certainly didn't expect a present from her!

So, do you want to know what it is? I am pretty sure I squealed and flailed my arms around in excitement when I opened it...
...because it's a set of CHEESE KNIVES! With their own special cheese board! Any of my friends will tell you that if cheese is involved in something, I am a happy camper. It plays a big role at pretty much any party I throw, and now I can serve it in style! Cheeeeese.

I know everybody loves getting presents, but I can't think of any better way to kick of this whole crazy wedding season. What a lovely surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment