Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wedding Spectator no. 2: on the farm

This coming weekend one of my friends from summer camp is getting married on a farm in Chapel Hill, N. C., so for this installment of wedding spectator I thought I'd go back to the fall of 2005... when another one of my friends from summer camp got married on a farm in Chapel Hill, N.C.

There were lots of memorable things about Chris and Anna's wedding, but what stayed with me more than anything was the setting for the ceremony: they exchanged vows in the shade of a gorgeous old tree. It suited them perfectly and could not have been more beautiful.

the bluegrass combo tuning up before the ceremony

Their invitations, designed by another summer camp friend who happens to be a graphic designer, also reflected the bride and groom's love of nature:

How cool is that? I did a pretty good job of unintentionally recreating their invitation, no?

I can't wait to go to another farm wedding this weekend with my camp buddies! It will be interesting to see how this one is different, despite the many nominal similarities. I'll let you know how it came out in the next Wedding Spectator post!

No comments:

Post a Comment