Thursday, October 1, 2009

The big reveal!

Well, sorta. This is the post wherein I finally show y'all my pretty dress, among other things, via my first official INSPIRATION BOARD. If you've had any dalliances with wedding blogs, you've probably seen these -- they're basically collages of stolen pictures that give brides-to-be and their legion of vendors an aspirational idea of overall event design. One of the über-popular wedding blogs, Style Me Pretty, came out with a handy tool to assist in the making of said collages, and once they were sufficiently advanced as to allow me to incorporate some of my own photos, I hopped on the bandwagon.

NO PEEKING, JON.

But first, a word about inspiration boards. Often you see them arranged around one's wedding colors or theme. This board is not, as I have neither. It's based on a few things that I already have (wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses, favors, font, photographer, venue) and incorporates many more that I hope will be a part of the wedding, or things that at least have a look to them that I like. There's really no common thread other than that.

Jon, go away. I mean it. Scram!

...

OK. If you're not Jon, you can click here. (And if you want to see more details on my dress, you can click here and see some close-ups. JON IF YOU CLICK EITHER OF THOSE LINKS I WILL END YOU. That is all.)

So, readers, what do you think? I know my inspiration board isn't terribly thematic, but it sure looks like the makings of a good party, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Especially since I'm in your profile pic. Reeeeaaaaallllly makes the page... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the inspiration board! Love.

    ReplyDelete