Wednesday, October 21, 2009

does daddy have a shotgun?

As I mentioned the other day, as I perused photos of Bridal Fashion Week Fall 2010 (finally got that cleared up), nothing really jumped out at me. Today, however, something did:


Ummm, so I know there are lots of illusions in fashion, and bridal fashion in particular (illusion netting, straps, sleeves, etc.), but I'm fairly confident in saying that I don't think any bride wants to give off the illusion that she is pregnant if she is not. Tell me I'm not the only one who sees this! The beading, where the drop-waist hits, and the shadow from her arm are all conspiring to make this model look like she's expecting. Let's take a closer look, shall we? Surely it can't be that bad...


Yeah, no, it definitely is. I realize that if you examine it, you can tell that there is a very flat belly between those two hands, but at first glance it still looks like there's a bun in the oven. Maybe it's the maternity/yoga pants-esque gathered band about the hips that's the source of the problem... I'm not sure. Regardless, Watters, I'm gonna go ahead and call this a bridal fail.

*photos from the Fall 2010 dress gallery at brides.com
**post title from the Breeders
***no offense intended to any past, current or future pregnant brides!

4 comments: