Friday, October 9, 2009

scatterbrained!

Lately I've developed a much deeper appreciation of the word "scatterbrained." Quite literally, my mind is going about 15 different directions at once. It's like I'm in one of those carny dollar booths where you just grab at as much as you can as the bills whip around you, but in the end you come up with less than you hoped or expected...

Fortunately, one cause of my scatteredness will no longer be an issue after this weekend -- I'm traveling to my last wedding of the year tonight, and once I return on Sunday I'll be home in Atlanta for a solid two months before I cut town again. Glory!

This wedding caps a run of three out-of-town weddings in four weeks. Of course, I should be thankful that the six total weddings I've been to this year have been relatively spread out until this point -- this weekend's bride and groom have been to five weddings in the past eight weeks, and one of them has been IN most of them. The bride was maid of honor just last weekend in a wedding at the same venue with the same colors as her wedding -- and that newlywed is serving as a bridesmaid for her tomorrow. I think my head might explode.

All of this is to say that I'll be (mentally) back in full force next week, and I'll have had some time to process all these lovely events I've been to. You may hear more from me today if I decide to lug my laptop along to try out the in-flight wireless, but if not, happy Friday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment