Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas ornament shower recap

On Saturday evening, my closest girlfriends from high school gathered over at my friend Mary Jacob's place to shower me with Christmas ornaments. It was so much fun! If you are at all a festive, holiday-loving person, I heartily recommend this sort of shower.

I blogged before that I hoped my friends would have fun with the theme, and they definitely did! Not surprising. The ornaments I got ran the gamut, from classy blown-glass Santas, to a ginormous hula-flamingo with a grass skirt made of Koosh ball material, to a large pink Disney Princess ornament. I also got a fair amount of winter-themed dishtowels and other housewares, and I took home enough packaging to last me through the next couple of Chrismases!

before

I don't have a ton of pictures from the party -- normally I'm one who always has her camera out, so it was sort of strange to have to refrain from documenting everything. One of my friends has most of the pictures of me opening things on her camera, so when I get those from her, I'll share a few. (I am sure Josephine, the resident photographer among my friends, captured some amazingly awkward and funny-looking moments!) I did, however, take a few pictures of my haul once I got home and laid it out for Jon to see. Check it out! My friends done good :)

after

3 comments:

  1. I just love that you had an ornament shower! From here on out you will always have those ornaments to remind you of your upcoming nupitals and the love that your family and friends have for you and your future hubs! Yayyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the coolest idea for a shower around the holidays! So creative - I would love to have a shower like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea! Did you decorate your tree yet with all of these new lovely ornaments?

    ReplyDelete