Monday, November 23, 2009

I feel pretty...

So, not only was yesterday the six-month mark -- it was also the first time I got to try on my wedding dress! I decided to go in and pay it a visit before I have to start fittings so I could see how the shoes I bought looked with it (awesome!) and get an idea for what sort of accessories I should keep an eye out for. I was also curious as to how well we did on choosing what size to order. My mama, my sister, and two of my bridesmaids/best friends from high school accompanied me to Bridals by Lori to check it out.

I'm glad to say I didn't have one of those bizarro Say-Yes-to-the-Dress moments of not remembering what my dress looked like -- it was exactly as I recalled, and as pictured in countless photos from the Christos runway. (Seriously, how does that happen to those people? So odd.) This time, though, it zipped up! We ordered the dress to fit my largest measurement (bust) and it seemed to be about right in that area -- it will need to come in a bit around the waist, but that should be it in terms of alterations. I'm thinking that I probably won't get a bra sewn in and will instead buy something unattached that I can use for other occasions as well, but that may change. Otherwise, they'll just have to hack off about a foot so I don't walk all over the skirt, and I'll be good to go.

In terms of accessories, we all concurred that pearls would be the way to go. Mama said I could borrow her mother's pearls, so now I'm on the lookout for some nice, not-ginormous pearl drop earrings, which shouldn't be too hard to find. The gang also decided that a mid-length (elbow- or waist-ish) simple veil with an embroidered edge looked best. If my mom or my bridesmaid's mom can't replicate it, the one I tried on at the store wasn't terribly expensive, as these things go, so that's settled as well.

In short, it was a seriously productive 30 minutes! Want to see pictures? If your name is not Jon, you are welcome to click here and check me out... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment