Friday, November 13, 2009

My first shower!

The other day -- the same day I got the call about my dress arriving in Atlanta -- I found in my mailbox an invitation to my very first wedding shower. Wahoo! Also, talk about a serious wallop of holy-shit-I'm-getting-married reality all in one day. Here's the cute invitation (with the details removed -- stay away, stalkers!):


As you can see from the invitation, it's an ornament shower! My family loves Christmas and we do it in pretty excellent style if I do say so myself, so this is a fitting shower to kick things off for me. The guest list is pretty small -- just the high-school girls who are on my guest list -- and since it's over Thanksgiving weekend I hope most everyone who is normally out of town should be able to make it. At first I had suggested a larger list, then I thought better of inviting many dozens of new Christmas ornaments upon myself: I've got a trip to Germany coming up this December and I'm sure I'll pick up a few at the famed Christmas markets, so I don't want to overload! I definitely don't have room for a big tree yet. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I'll be sure to let y'all know how it turns out...

3 comments:

  1. How cute!!! That is going to be so fun! At my shower in September they had all of the guests bring an ornament for me too - b/c I am obsessed with Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Kathleen~ this is the perfect shower for you. :) I am scouting out little trees for us this year now that we have a bigger space. Do you have stockings with names on them yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mine that Grandma made me, but I need to find a good cross-stitch pattern and make one for Jon (and a wee one for Little Man). While I'm at it I may make myself one for our house, since I assume my folks will keep mine at their house. I think Jon's mom is making me one for out in Idaho! :)

    ReplyDelete