Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Old-Timey Tuesday: the getaway!

At the end of their church-basement reception, young Laura and Jimmy changed into something more comfortable for their big post-wedding exit. Mom made her bright pink suit herself. I always think of this picture whenever I drive by the church where they got married in Kingsport, Tenn., even though I don't have occasion to pass that way much anymore. This is probably my favorite picture from their wedding:


When I was going through their wedding album, I hadn't remembered what was waiting for them at the end of the sidewalk: Grandpa Jim in the family station wagon! This is really the way to do it, especially if you're not going far. (I think they were just headed up the hill to Mom's folks' house.)


Classic.

1 comment:

  1. I love the getaway photo. What a happy, beautiful moment. I too love perusing through my parents wedding photos. Are you planning on incorporating them [parents photos] into your wedding somehow? P.S. is it Friday yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete