Wednesday, November 18, 2009

To garter or not to garter?

Among the traditional happenings that will not be taking place at my wedding is the tossing of the garter. For that reason, I've been sort of meh on getting one -- like, what's the point? Until yesterday, when The Inspired Bride put up a post about a new-to-me Etsy vendor: Florrie Mitton, a designer who recently got into the garter trade because she couldn't find anything she liked for her own wedding. These garters are like works of art compared to the bright polka-dotted/college-colors ribbon ones more commonly featured by various wedding media. Behold!






How stunning are these? The best part is, they're totally reasonable in terms of cost (remember, it's all relative): the simple, sweet ones I like best are less than $30! By contrast, the aforementioned grosgrain scrunchy-looking ones cost $42. Hmm, tough call there...

These garters are definitely not made to be tossed, but to be worn as a secret luxury for the bride (if an elastic band around one's thigh can be counted as such) and handed down to daughters and granddaughters... at least that's how it seems to me. That is definitely something I can get behind. Now, the real question is, which one should I get?

1 comment:

  1. I like the last one and I think it would go well with your dress (not that you are wearing it on the day?) I also like the first one with the light blue bow, though.

    Usually garters come in sets, so you can toss one but keep the other. I still have a much prettier version of mine, which had a darker blue ribbon that matched my bridesmaids gowns.

    ReplyDelete