Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hello from Idaho!

Ok, so I haven't yet gotten back to "blogging regularly," as promised, but I am a little bit less crazed now that Christmas is past and I can settle into one time zone for a whole week. I sense that my triumphant return to the blogosphere is on the horizon! I'm out in Idaho now visiting Jon's family, and I don't think there is much on the docket besides catching up on sleep, eating his mom's delicious cooking, organizing some wedding-related stuff, and frequenting the local bookseller and antique mall. Hopefully we'll get some snow to go along with all of that while we're here!

Today was actually pretty packed, in comparison to what I imagine the rest of the week has in store for us. We started out at breakfast with Jon's best friend from high school, whom I had only met over the phone, before she went back to work in Portland. It was excellent fun, even at 9 in the morning. After that, we came home and dragged out the boxes, grocery bags and albums of old family photos and pawed through them all, because, let's be honest -- there's gonna have to be a slideshow at the rehearsal dinner and/or wedding. I scored a lot of good material. Yesssss.

The rest of the day was given over to a lovely open house/shower/holiday get-together Jon's folks hosted from 3 until 9. It was awesome to get to put faces to a lot of familiar names, and also to get to meet all of their friends. And, bonus, we got some lovely gifts! (One of them is a gift certificate for the aforementioned local bookseller. Score!) I was only slightly disoriented by the 4 p.m. sunset today, though I don't think I've quite escaped the grips of jet lag yet.

Anyhoo, there will be more to come this week -- most notably the best Old-Timey Tuesday to date! Get excited, folks.

1 comment: