Friday, December 4, 2009

ponderings...

You know how people resemble their pets, or how married couples eventually start to look alike? A lot of the engaged couples I know have obvious superficial similarities, so I can see how they'll "match" as they get older (brown hair, similar noses, etc.). I don't think Jon and I look much alike, though, aside from the fact that we both are ghostly pale -- even at that, we have different colorings and skin tones. Will we still start to look like each other, too? How? Or is that all in the eye of the beholder anyway?

For now, we both wear hipster glasses that kind of match. I guess we'll have to wait and see about the rest...

2 comments:

  1. Awww.. haha I don't think Shane and I look much alike. I will have to think about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read something awhile ago about this, and one of the main reasons that couples start to look more and more alike has to do with how humans show empathy. We mimic the facial expressions and smiles of our partner to show a connection, and over time, those become our own. I couldn't find the exact article that I read, but MSNBC explains this here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11346164

    ReplyDelete