Monday, December 7, 2009

two golden rings!

On Saturday, Jon and I decided to go look at wedding rings for the first time. I'd perused a few stores online and sent Jon a couple of things from Etsy, but we were basically starting from scratch. That being the case, we decided to go to Solomon Brothers, a conveniently located local jeweler that seemed to me to have an extensive selection and a good reputation.

Both of those impressions turned out to be true, and after less than an hour in the showroom, we were 99 percent sure we had found our rings! I didn't want to slap down my credit card and commit then and there -- I tend to shop around/consider big purchases for a while -- but after about an hour of pondering and talking about the prices and styles while continuing our errands, we decided to call our saleslady back and put down a deposit. Here are the ones we chose:


for Jon

for me!

Both of these are white gold. I looked online later, and Jon's ring would be more than $3000 in platinum (before the "discount" that they appear to offer on everything). Ha! Fat chance. My ring was actually the first one the saleslady pulled out of the case for me to try on. The size was perfect, and it looks really nice with my engagement ring. As far as the width and carat weight goes, this was the middle of three options. It's a bit wider than the band on my engagement ring, and it's got .33 carats of sparkles. Fancy!

I have been baking up a storm lately, which translates to a lot of dish-washing, which means my engagement ring was a little scuzzy when we went into the store. I had the saleslady clean it while we browsed the men's rings section, and while she was away, I took a covert picture or two of my ring on my hand. Isn't it pretty?



I do wish I had a picture of my two rings together, but that will happen soon enough. In the meantime, I'm thrilled to have checked another big thing off of the list! Done and done.

4 comments:

  1. I get it. Elegance. That's why people come to Yakov's Nubian Bling Explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them!!! Mr. Bear's wedding band sort of looks like your man's band!

    ReplyDelete