Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Cat Lady Registry

So, registries are basically wish lists, right? Not everything has to be practical, and it's socially acceptable to sprinkle in a few aspirational items here and there, just as long as it's reasonably clear you've got your head on straight. That being the case, this morning I finally added this to our catchall Wishpot registry:


What is that? you might be asking yourself. Well, let me tell you! It's a $180 litter box called the ModKat. That's right. One hundred eighty dollars. And I want it! Apparently it's a revolution in cat sanitation. No more litter on the floor! No more ill-fitting disposable litterbox liners! No more apartment shopping based on litterbox placement options! This thing apparently solves all the woes of the cat-owning world in one sleek high-design swoop. (Except for the hairballs. And the random puking. Oh well.) Let's have another look:



Ah yes, I forgot to mention that the ModKat comes in five fashionable colors to suit your decor. (None of which are the unsightly metallic purple of my current litter box. Thankfully.)

Now, doesn't that cat look happy? I know this is a bit of a stretch for the registry, but who knows, maybe there is a closet cat lady among the ranks of the invited who will think this is the best invention since sliced bread and buy it for us. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. wow this is awesome...I seriously want to add it to my registry now! I have a giant love for cats...but a giant dis-love for their litterboxes.

    ReplyDelete