Monday, January 18, 2010

odds & ends to start the week

I realized earlier today that I hadn't posted anything since that ridiculous bridal bikini and that picture has been at the top of the blog for days now... sorry about that. I was also warned by my sister not to post such things unless I wanted them to turn up at my lingerie shower/bachelorette party. Duly noted!

Since it's late in the evening, I'm just going to share a list of some weddingish things I accomplished over the long weekend:
  • I set up an appointment for my first dress fitting! It's four weeks from tomorrow... that means I have four weeks to get back on some sort of wagon and have something to show for it. Willpower! Motivation! Bring it on! (Please?)
  • I finally baked up a batch of shamrock shake (aka vanilla mint) cupcakes, which I think I blogged about many moons ago when writing about wedding cake flavors. Tasty, but definitely not wedding-cake material. This also marked the inaugural use of my totally awesome stand mixer!
  • I bought a crapton of blank cards and envelopes so I can print thank-yous first thing once I get into the letterpress studio.
  • I started scanning in my collection of ticket stubs for what I hope will be an excellent and affordable guest book (idea stolen from Jesse & Deanna). I've got a long way to go, but I'm glad to have gotten underway!
  • Mom talked to the family friends who have offered to host parties/showers for me and made progress toward nailing down dates.
Tomorrow, Jon and I have our first meeting with the minister who will be marrying us. I sort of know him already through my church choir job, and Jon has met him once or twice, so we've got the initial stuff out of the way. I'm really looking forward to it, and I think Jon is too. I can't remember what we will do/discuss in this meeting, but I'll be sure to post about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment