Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Old-Timey Tuesday: While we're on the topic of awesome tuxedos...

I think I mentioned that, while in Idaho, I did some digging through Jon's mom's stash of family photos. While I left her wedding album intact, the photos from the event that were floating free among the rest of the pictures I took as fair game and brought home to scan. As a result, I have perhaps The Best 1970s Wedding Tuxedo I Have Ever Seen to share with you today:


1976, folks. A very good year for matrimonial menswear. There is a picture of Jon's dad with his groomsmen in the album, and I have to say, five of these cream-and-brown ensembles lined up is a sight to behold. In seriousness, though, I really like this picture -- the soft natural light, the groovy floral curtains, the velvet bow tie, the foam-tiled church ceiling. I can totally see where Jon got his nice curly hair, too, though I don't think he'll ever be able to wear a mustache like his dad did. Check back next week for the bride's version of this photo and more!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is all kinds of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hope this finds you well :) I just came across the picture of your dad in his wedding suit and I'd love to use it next to a story if possible. I publish a wedding and marriage magazine in Australia and we have a story called "standing the test of time' looking at guys fashion faux pas and funny things that have been done over the years. My email is carla@whitemagazine.com.au would love to hear from you. xx

    ReplyDelete