Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If only I lived in Berlin...

All my wedding transportation woes would be resolved! Behold, the Trabi limousine:

photo from trabi-xxl.de

It's a stretch Trabant, the famed East German automobile turned "Ostalgie"/kitsch/Achtung Baby-era U2 icon. SO AWESOME.

As if the mere fact of a stretch Trabi weren't enough, check out the sales pitch on the English-language portion of the website:
Other limousines are simply boring!

Discover the most exclusive, indeed funniest and craziest car in Berlin. You will surely attract the attention and amazed glances of everybody you pass!

Take this opportunity and get into a piece of German history. Enjoy the mix of original Trabant-feeling, the luxury of space as well as the view of one of the world’s most fascinating metropolis: Berlin!

Treat yourself to an adventurous time with exciting highlights.

If that doesn't sell you on it, I don't know what will.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a dollar for every time I thought "if only I lived in Berlin..." Actually, if I had like, $100 every time I thought that, maybe I could actually go to Berlin!

    ReplyDelete