Thursday, February 4, 2010

The moment of truth!

Y'all, I am nervous. Tonight I find out if my invitation design will print perfectly or if I somehow managed to pick the wrong fonts and jack it all up. Daaaahhhhh!!

I'm heading straight from work down to the Atlanta Printmakers Studio, so I packed my car full of my printing accoutrement this morning. I've got a box of rubber gloves (for cleaning the presses with mineral spirits, leftover from my dad's stint as a home care nurse for my mother); a ratty but freshly washed undershirt to donate to the rag bin (also for cleaning presses); a Boxcar Press printing apron that Jon got me for Christmas (Syracuse represent!); a perfectly sized cardboard box containing all my plates and all of my bride buddy's plates; and all 240 Paper Source notecards that I hope to turn into personalized thank-you notes tonight. Basically, I'm going to turn up looking like a crazy bag lady.

I also remembered this morning that the studio has a poco proofing press (pic found here), so I broke out my packages of invitation paper and pulled out one piece of each so I can test out each of my plates and really put my mind at ease (or commence full freakout, we shall see). The great thing about the proofing press is that you don't have to bother with registration or getting the plate set within the frame -- you just ink up, slap the paper on and roll it through.

I'll post again soon with an update on how it all went. In the meantime, light a candle for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment