Monday, March 29, 2010

Bachelorette weekend photo recap!

I'm a little late posting today because I'm still recovering from my amazing bachelorette weekend. It was nonstop awesome from Friday night all the way through Sunday afternoon! I have the best sister and friends (and friend-mamas) in the world!

Rather than ramble through it all, I figured a photo essay might tell it well. These are all my own pictures -- I set up a share site on shutterfly to try and pull together everyone's pictures from the weekend, but nobody's gotten around to it yet, alas! There are surely better pictures out there, but you'll just have to wait on those.

Anyhoo, here goes. Enjoy!

We started out on Friday night with a dinner at Top Flr in Midtown. Here we have two of my bridesmaids and my bride buddy Shelley on the right.


From there we went to Johnny's Hideaway in Buckhead. This was our second round of shots (of two) of the night, ordered by the gal on the far left -- if I remember correctly the shot was called "surfer on acid" and involved lots of J├Ągermeister. Mmm. Tastes like Germany. (Note: face has been blurred to protect the can't-be-too-careful educator in the group. You're welcome, Petra!)


After shutting Johnny's down, my phenomenal and amazingly tolerant seester indulged my drunken demand for Waffle House. This photo was taken at 3:20 a.m. HASHBROWNS NOM.


The next day we had our mother-daughter lingerie shower at my best friend's parents' house. Judy (the hostess with the mostess) ordered these hilarious cookies for the occasion.


After the presents, a picture of the girls! We're missing three of the high-school gang of girls, and there are two other bridesmaids who are living in other countries and couldn't make it.


Now the mamas! My sweet Llama is in the middle. We're only missing one high-school mama in this picture -- she moved out to Colorado a while back.


Poe ladies! Llama, me and Seester! A vision in variations on blue.


A few hours later, all the girls reconvened at my sister's house for a slumber party. As you can see, the blingy bride chalice did make an appearance. I filled it up with champagne and used it to wash down my pizza. Classy.


As promised, cookie cake! Marriage? ZANG! (We chose the dinosaur due to optimal white-icing coverage.)


After copious amounts of junk food and pizza, we got off our asses to play two hilarious rounds of "pin the junk on the hunk" -- an adult version of pin the tail on the donkey. Here, Abby is spinning Emily until she's about to puke. (I would like to take this opportunity to thank my friends for making this the most scandalous event of the night -- you listened! Smooches.)


Then we checked out the OnDemand karaoke channel my sister apparently gets... Bubba is clearly not amused by our singalong.


Cookie cake aftermath


Aaand we finished out the night with a game of Apples to Apples, which I had never played! Glad I've crossed that off my list now.

We crashed early on Saturday night, around 1 a.m. (which I guess would be Sunday morning, actually). Given our all-nighter on Friday, this was a totally acceptable outcome. We all found places to sleep and conked out until around 10:30 Sunday morning. To wrap up the weekend, the five of us who stuck it out overnight at Emily's went for a delicious brunch at Sun in my Belly. I never want to eat again!

Anyway, as you can see it was a totally amazing, excellent weekend. The only thing that could possibly have made it better would be having the missing girls there to partay with us! Thanks again to my kickass seester and fronds for such an awesome time!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES JOHNNY'S HIDEAWAY! I went there too for my Atlanta Bachelorette party hahahahaha. MIRRORS ON THE CEILING + BAD WEDDING MUSIC = BEST TIME EVER!

    ReplyDelete