Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Smilebooth extras

So, I haven't mentioned on here yet that a Smilebooth is most definitely in the plans for the wedding reception. I've been scrimping and saving to upgrade my photography package, and my loving and excellent seester recently told me she wanted to contribute to the Smilebooth cause as her wedding present to us. Wahoooo!

Which brings me to the point of this post. Do I want to purchase these for the occasion?


I am generally opposed to the use of props in wedding photo booths -- I know wigs/mustaches/funny hats can be fun, but, for my money, I'd rather have my friends on camera looking like themselves and not like they raided the costume closet at the preschool of the church where the wedding was held -- but for these I would make an exception. They're not totally props, anyway... they're just something to write a message on. A gussied up piece of paper. Right?

Here's another one that is currently sold out -- it's got a hanger on the back so you can put it on your wall in the kitchen or something after the wedding (not that you couldn't add a hanger to the others):


A downside is that I don't know how much this one costs... and it's not currently available. But apparently it's very popular -- these are quite the wedding trend, it seems. And as much as I'm trying to avoid trends, well, I'm bound to fall for at least one.

Anyway, let's have a look at these things in action:





megan & dallas smilebooth


lauren & ed smilebooth


ruth & jonathan smilebooth

Lots of fun, no? A good addition without hijacking the point of the photobooth. The last couple are just plain ol' rectangular whiteboards and chalkboards, which serve the same purpose, pretty much. Now that I think of it, I may like those better... what do y'all think?

6 comments:

  1. Yay Smilebooth!!! I vote for the chalkboards, personally, as they're more vintage, when compared with the white board. So excited for the Smilebooth though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I definitely like chalkboard over whiteboard, and I think a normal one and not a thought-bubble shaped one might be the way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the chalkboards. What about a heart-shaped one? You could always just go to the craft store and find a big flat wooden heart and spray-paint it with chalkboard paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun idea - i love the chalkboards... you should do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, the bubble chalkboard looks really well made!

    ReplyDelete