Friday, April 30, 2010

"1 Month to Go!" from the Knot (belated)

Although the Knot has apparently taken me off its quasi-useful emails list (and left me on its various utterly obnoxious emails lists), my bride buddy Shelley is still in its good graces and received the 1-month email. I wanted to see how I was doing based on the Knot's metrics, as I've been doing all along, so I had her forward it to me. Let's see how I stack up.

This month's directives: "Find gifts, pick programs, and make a great toast!"

1. I've had my bridesmaids gifts in hand (or in closet, I guess) for months now, but I admit that I have yet to find tokens of appreciation for two of our musicians, one of the greeters and two readers. I've had Jon's present in my mom's closet since September! Jon's folks' gift is on order and my parents' is in progress, so we're pretty well on track with that item, I think. I love to give fun/awesome presents, so I can get a little hung up when an idea doesn't come right away. Y'all will hear all about these excellent presents post-wedding!

2. If by pick programs they mean lay-out-and-find-someone-to-print programs, I'm also on top of this one. I had a draft program before our final meeting with the pastor! I've hunted down everybody's full names and am just waiting on one or two more musical selections to round out the prelude, then I should be good to go. I'm about to call a local printer for a quote. On track!

3. I've told Jon that I will probably say something at the rehearsal dinner and/or reception -- I think of the two of us I am more likely to be the public speaker. I've had some thoughts running through my head of short and sweet things to say. We'll see how it turns out!

So, there you have it, my final Knot to-do assessment. In general I think I have kicked ass in being on top of/ahead of things. (Not that I don't still have a page-long to-do list on my fridge for these last few weeks.) Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment