Monday, April 19, 2010

April showers...

...precede May weddings. Which means that ours is getting close! All told, there have been four showers during our engagement, two of which involved only me and a smallish group of girls/moms. The other two have been co-ed, and the most recent (and final) of these had a theme: Stock the bar! Needless to say, Jon was particularly excited for this one.

I'll cut to the chase and show you the goods, because, y'all, we are STOCKED. So much so that our booze exceeds the capacity of our "bar" space and some of it now lives in a wine box on the floor in the dining room. I've been thinking of fun parties to throw that will help us work our way through this haul.


Holy crap! I think the prize for most creative went to Lindsay, a bridesmaid, and her husband John, who gave us the cooler in the back, a bottle of Everclear, a bottle of 151 and a recipe for Hunch Punch/Jungle Juice. Do these guys know how to party or what? My personal favorite would have to be the drink tub full of at least a dozen different beers (back left in the photo). The Waffle House coaster was a nice touch as well.

You can't have a shower without someone making a ribbon bouquet, and my friend Mary Jacob did an excellent job on this one. Little Man was quite intrigued by the dangly new toy we brought home...


Attack!


Once I got the bouquet away from Little Man, I added it to the pile in my cat-proof storage space atop the hall bookshelf with all my music. This area is also home to my pimp-bride chalice and my growing collection of the Williams-Sonoma tartlet molds that come on gift-wrapped presents.


Four showers' worth of ribbon bouquets is a lot! I'm not sure if I should condense them into one rehearsal bouquet or hand out a few to my bridesmaids to practice with as well. Does anybody know what's traditionally done?

No comments:

Post a Comment