Friday, April 30, 2010

Movie(s) on marriage

I just came across a post in my google reader from the Wishpot wedding blog about creative wedding quotes culled from literature, poetry, movies and probably Bartlett's. As I scanned, the last name Campbell jumped out at me, and the movie title "When Harry Met Sally." Instantly, my personal favorite movie wedding-related quote sprang to mind. It's from Wayne's World, of course:
Garth Algar: I've never seen you so mental over a girl before. Are you gonna marry her?

Wayne Campbell: Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries.
Unfortunately, a YouTube clip of that moment is not to be found, and I don't want to bother trying to embed a .wav here, so you'll just have to rely on your own memories for the inflection. Surely all of my readers have seen this fine film! If you by chance haven't heard this bit (for shame), it's the thirteenth one down on this website.

On another Wayne's World/wedding-related note, please enjoy this clip spoofing the final scenes of The Graduate!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute ...
    www.ashortguidetoahappymarriage.com

    ReplyDelete