Thursday, April 8, 2010

what lies beneath!

[Note to any uncles who may be reading: this post is about finding complicated underthings to wear under a wedding dress. Nothing scandalous, but don't say I didn't warn you!]

I almost posted late yesterday something to the effect of WHY DOES NOBODY MAKE LONGLINE OR LOW-BACKED SUPPORTIVE UNDERTHINGS THAT WILL FIT MEEEEEE I AM REALLY NOT AN UNUSUAL SIZE I PROMISE WHY WHY WHYYYYYY?!?!? GAHHHHHH! and also very nearly purchased many hundreds of dollars worth of bustiers from both Neiman Marcus and HerRoom in the hopes that at least one would not only fit but function... but I held off.

Good thing, too, because today I may have found the solution! OHTHANKGOD. Especially since I need to have this little detail worked out by my second fitting on April 20...

I had an appointment with the optometrist this afternoon, after which I stopped by the very-close-by mall that has an excellent lingerie shop called Intimacy. The only bustier they had in the store in my size was the Le Mystere bridal bustier. My eyes were still totally dilated when I went, so I think it's particularly impressive that I managed to pull the correct size off the rack at all.

For some reason I thought I had tried this one on before, but I must have only tried on either non-bridal Le Mystere bustiers or one in the wrong cup size. Anyway, there's really not much to say about it, except that it fit! And the back appears to be low enough that it won't show under my dress! It definitely seemed like something I could wear for half a day and be comfortable in. The only downside with this one is that it doesn't do much for my waist (it seems like you can get either good support or a tiny waist with these things, but never both at once), but I suppose I can count on my dress for that.

So, progress! I haven't sealed the deal yet, but at least I'm not freaking out and ordering one of every bustier I can find with free shipping online. Such a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment