Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend update

Saturday morning I went with my bride buddy Shelley to get our nails done and catch up, which was a great start to the day, even though the remainder of the day was rainy* and sort of frustrating. After nails, I headed out to Perimeter Mall, which I haven't been to in a long while. They have Anthropologie, Bloomingdales, J. Crew, BCBG, Macy's and Nordstrom, so I thought surely I might find some viable rehearsal dinner dress options. Ohhh no. It was a massive, epic fail. (Though I did get some returns done.) After 2+ hours of hunting, I left empty-handed.

But! Later that night, likely spurred on by my utter lack of success at the mall, I ordered a dress that I hope will be the solution to my problem:


You may recognize this from my last post. I had a heck of a time tracking it down in the right size (or what I hope will be the right size), but eventually I did. My friend Caroline was right when she commented on the previous post -- this dress is bright and happy and a nice cut, and it's actually in the color scheme I found myself looking for in all the stores at the mall. The tracking tells me I should have it in hand by Wednesday, so I will let y'all know how it turns out! Keep your fingers crossed...

------

*Digression: The lady doing my nails told me that a bride had been in there the day before and told her about plans to take wedding pictures in the park nearby at 3 p.m. on Saturday. Well, when 3 p.m. rolled around, the sky was dark and rumbly and it was raining cats and dogs. Sunday morning then came in like a lamb, with mild temperatures and lovely soft sunshine. Jon and I took a walk around the park in the late afternoon, and I wondered aloud if I would have been pissed if my wedding day was black and stormy and the next day was all bunnies and rainbows. Tough to say! Even though all of our proceedings will be indoors, rain can limit places for photos and generally cast a pall over the day.

4 comments:

  1. It rained on my wedding day. Poured, actually. It stopped when it was time for me to go get ready at the church (perfect timing!). When my husband and I got to talk after the wedding, it turned out that he'd had no idea that it had rained. I said, "What? The thunder woke. me. up." For him, nothing! Talk about sleeping like a baby. I just took it to mean he wasn't at all concerned about our big day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain is why I ruled out an outdoor wedding. I would pout, hardcore.

    Love the detail on the waist of that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that dress a lot. It's pretty and classy and in a color that is especially flattering on people with your complexion and hair!

    P.S. I love the photos. I keep meaning to tell you when I see you- I'm vicariously really excited for your wedding! I think you are one of those people that other people love to see happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Meaghan! :) Also, to the other comments, I also decided I didn't want the stress of freaking out about the weather! Indoor wedding it is. If it's nice, though, our reception place has a sort of patio to it...

    ReplyDelete