Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ideas for leftover giftwrap and present packaging...

1. Recycle

Our final pre-wedding shindig was co-hosted by six lovely parent-couples. Once I figured out what I was getting them for host/hostess gifts, I decided this would be a perfect opportunity to use up the yards and yards of dark green Williams-Sonoma ribbon that I've stored up from our wedding gifts. I made little bundles with a cookbook and a bottle of barbecue sauce and trussed them up with ribbon:


Not too shabby, huh? It even looks pretty festive, AND matches the cookbook. I didn't notice that until just now. Bonus!

2. Regift

Not long after we received an All-Clad tool set for the kitchen, I learned that the tube the tools came in could be a plaything for my kitty! Or at least a cool resting place. So I passed it along to Little Man:


If you stand it up on the bottom with Little Man inside, it's like real-life whack-a-mole -- the tube is juuuust tall enough to prevent an easy exit, so he peeps up over the edge a lot as he tries to determine how to get out. If you turn the tube on its side, though, he's cool to hang out there for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Those gifts are awesome! AND cost-effective. Niiiice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We want to see that whack-a-mole photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see if I can get a video of it tonight. too funny!

    ReplyDelete