Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's go time

Today was my last day in the office pre-wedding, and thank the lord for that! I was getting a little bit frazzled trying to keep all the wedding emails flying around from totally usurping my workday. I managed to get done all that I needed to before I left, so now it's all wedding all the time. Until Sunday, after which it will be all honeymoon all the time. Ah, the bliss of being away from the 9-to-5!

This evening, Jon and I went over to my parents' house after work to take care of a few things. Jon was going to do a trial run of setting up the projector and running a slideshow, except that we didn't have a cable to connect the projector to a mac. Oops! Meanwhile, I finished tying the programs together with the same black-and-white twine I used on my invitations. After that, Jon headed home and I went with Dad to our last of four dance lessons together. At this point it looks like Dad and I will manage much better than Jon and I will... we really need to make some time to practice!

Jon's folks and brother arrive tonight, and the first wedding party and extended family members start arriving tomorrow. I've got a lot of running around to do in the morning, but once I pick up my college roommate from the airport around 3:30 or so in the afternoon I should have it all done and be able to visit. So far I've been kicking ass and taking names when it comes to my wedding task list, so let's hope that continues.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh I am so excited for you!!! Wasn't it amazing to drive away from work knowing the next time you return you will be a Mrs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! The big day is almost here. I wish you the most wonderful wedding weekend.

    ReplyDelete