Saturday, May 8, 2010

Makeup! Hair!

Today has been a big day. The morning was filled with errands, the evening will be filled with a concert and a bachelorette party for my bride buddy, and in between I had both my makeup and hair trials. I need a nap!

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking here. I won't share the picture the makeup artist took of me in her kitchen, because (due to the light) I look like a pair of eyes and lips on a canvas of blinding white. I snapped this picture right before my hair trial started:


Not too bad, right? I think she did a great job. Might have her lay off the eyebrow-coloring, but otherwise I'm down. She works with airbrush makeup, and it basically just feels like you're sitting in front of a fan as it goes on. It's quite pleasant and light!

Now, onto the hairdo. I brought in a bunch of pictures from blogs, all of which were variations on a theme: low, bun-like, perhaps off-center. Elle, the girl who cuts my hair, totally nailed it! Not that I had any doubt. But it looks totally awesome. Check out the side view:


The flower pins are from handle & spout, by the way. Here's the back:


And here I am from the front -- you can sorta see the back of the other side in the mirror.


Back at the homestead, and after a few stops on the way home where I got a little windblown, another look in the mirror. It held up pretty well, although Elle didn't spray/pin as much as she will on the day of.


And one last look at the makeup. Still looking good after a few hours!


Overall I'm pretty satisfied! What do y'all think?

4 comments:

  1. you look so gorgeous!! LOVE the hair flowers in the back like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! I love love love your hair, very much like what I want for myself.

    You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete