Saturday, May 15, 2010

Regretfully declining...



I can't believe it worked! I never would have thought to do this on my own, but if you ever pick up a wedding magazine or check out a blog in the wedding planning process, I guarantee you will run across someone telling you to send the president a wedding invitation and you'll get a congratulatory letter in return, which is a pretty sweet memento to have. At some point I googled something like "wedding invitation white house" and found a lot of threads saying that people who sent invitations to the White House never received any acknowledgment, or that they heard there had been cutbacks in the White House Greetings Office. (Yes, such an office exists, and they apparently will greet you on many occasions!)

Given what I read online, I wasn't really expecting anything from Barack and Michelle, so this was a pretty awesome envelope to find in the mailbox. Badass!! Perfect timing, too. One week to go!

2 comments:

  1. That is brilliant. I wonder who else you could sent invitations too and get greetings from. I'm in Australia and don't really think I would want a congrats from our Prime Minister (he's a bit of a twat)... but something from the Queen of England could be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Congrats on the upcoming wedding, can't wait to hear and see all about it... enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete