Tuesday, June 22, 2010

one month

How weird is it that it's already been a month since the wedding? On the one hand, the planning and the erranding and the nonstop ridiculous fun and outpouring of love from all directions seem pretty far removed from our everyday lives, but on the other everything feels quite fresh and we're still feeling out what it is/what it feels like to be married.


Jon said at some point in the past four weeks or so that he didn't want to wait until our one-year aniversary to cut into our frozen wedding cake. However, I'm a stickler for tradition, so that cake won't be going anywhere for another 11 months! Instead, I called up Highland Bakery and ordered the smallest red velvet cake available (and had I called on a day when the pastry staff was in, I could have gotten one about half this size. Doh!) with which to surprise Jon this evening. We didn't make much of a dent in the cake, but it certainly was delicious.

One month down, infinity more to go. So far, so good!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMM I want a piece of that! Congrats on the one month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how time flies! This makes me particularly nervous about the short 3.5 months until our wedding. Eeek!

    ReplyDelete