Friday, June 18, 2010

TGIF

It's been a loooooong week, y'all. Not gonna lie, my spirits have taken a slight dip as I've tried to get myself reacclimated to the monotony (oh, the monotony!) of office life post-wedding -- things usually improve upon my release at 5 p.m., though. I'm also in this odd, sort of stagnant waiting period between the excitement of the wedding and future excitements that I know are coming soon, I just don't know when. (Example: our wedding photos! Can't wait to get them!)

However, there is one excitement that I know for certain is coming next Friday: a puppy! It's our most excellent wedding gift from Jon's younger brother. More specifically, it is a he, and he is a Welsh Terrier. I don't know if I've mentioned this on the blog before; I probably haven't, because for a long time the very thought of having a puppy would stress me out so I resolved to put it out of my mind until after the wedding. Ha. A week from today, Jon and I will get to meet our new furry buddy:


That's him! He'll obviously be a little older, probably around 9 or 10 weeks old. God, that's weird, I'm going to have a dog. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it. I hope Little Man (my sweet cat) isn't too mad...

Anyway, over many weeks and months we've pulled together a list of names. I'd like to meet the pup before we name him, but we have narrowed the field. Here's what seems to be the shortlist:
  • Scooch
  • Otto
  • Kibbie
  • Vandal
  • Coltrane
  • Maceo
  • Miles
  • Dusty
  • Lucky
  • Steffen
Just so you know, there is a story/association behind each of those names. We're not totally crazy, just a little bit. I did manage to get Jon to strike all of the Braves-pun names (e.g. Chipper Bones, Yunel Escobark, Terrier Pendleton, Barks Conrad... oof.) What do you think he looks like?

We're headed north of town right after work to meet up with one of my best friends/bridesmaids and her husband to watch the Syracuse Chiefs take on the Gwinnett Braves in a double-header. I'm so excited to catch up with Lindsay post-wedding! (Also very excited for Dippin' Dots and kooky minor league mid-inning diversions!) It really does take a while to get back into the swing of things after a wedding and a honeymoon, but we're working on it!

5 comments:

  1. We've been quizzing Jon daily about what he's learning from his puppy training books. Seems like the puppy will be in good hands! (Well, until Little Man gets a hold of him, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't really know til you get him - but I think Vandal sounds like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Otto. What a cute puppy. I can't wait til I'm grown up enough to have a puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I definitely don't feel grown up enough to have a puppy. I'm totally nervous!! Fortunately Jon is a dog person and assures me all will be ok... we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet puppy pic and excellent name choices!

    ReplyDelete