Thursday, June 3, 2010

wrecked shoes = good party

Recall, if you will, my lovely wedding shoes, J. Crew's organdy fleur peep toes:


That's pretty much what they looked like when I put them on on the day of the wedding. About twelve hours later when I took them off, the delicate organdy fleurs were a little worse for wear:



Yikes! It looks like my cat Little Man went to town munching on those flowers! I might have suspected him of such a thing, had the shoes not been on my feet all night and my feet nowhere near the cats. How on earth did this happen? Nobody stepped on my feet at all; they could hardly have gotten to them through all those layers of skirt.

It took me a minute, but I soon figured out what had decimated my shoe-flowers: my underskirt. (Or whatever you call that.) The innermost layer of my dress had at the bottom of the skirt a stiff, starchy edge, which made it easier to walk and dance despite the cloud of tulle about my legs. This edge must have rubbed back and forth over these flowers all night long, picking off petals left and right. Alas!

The good thing is that I wasn't really planning on wearing these shoes ever again. In the immortal words of Travis Birkenstock in Clueless, "It's a small price to pay to the party gods!"

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! You quoted Clueless! You win best post of the day :) Glad you had an amazing time! Would love to see more lovely pics of the big day!

    ReplyDelete