Wednesday, July 21, 2010

how not to kiss for the camera

At long last I have all of our wedding photos on disc so I can share many, many more photos with you! Hooray. The theme of tonight's post is how not to kiss on camera, as demonstrated primarily by Jon (but sometimes by me as well). Y'all, this is some serious awkwardness, recorded for posterity. Let this be a cautionary tale!

We'll ease in with a not-so-bad shot. This one is included in this category on merit of how Jon is smushing his nose into my cheek. Amateur.



Next up we have some mutual awkwardness. Uh, nice posture, self. Jon is facing away from the camera, my left arm is just hanging out in the middle, I'm straining my neck... not pretty. Also, I can't tell if my eyes are open, and that in and of itself is weird. Still, could be worse.



Now we're getting to the good (read: bad) stuff. Here we have Jon's tight-lipped aggressive/stubborn/focusing-really-hard approach... sorta makes him look like a begrudging little boy. Love you too, honey!



This next one just makes me sad, because the whole rest of the picture is pure loveliness. What the hell are we doing with our faces? If my eyes were closed I wouldn't be so bad, but Jon looks like he's kissing his grandmother or something.



Here's the real kicker... the post-groom's-cake-cutting I'm-gonna-ralph-on-your-pretty-dress kiss. Of course, he loved his groom's cake, and he's not actually going to hurl, but it sure looks like he's about to, doesn't it? Meanwhile, I'm looking happy and blissfully unaware of what's going on on the other side of my eyelids.


So, there you have it. When it comes time for your wedding photos, remember these awkward moments and don't do likewise!

P.S. -- Just to prove that we're not totally kissing-unphotogenic, here's a nice one from cake-cutting time... Finally! A keeper!

all photos copyright Our Labor of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment