Monday, July 19, 2010

unnecessary accoutrement (no. 1)

Try though I did to avoid wedding excess, there were inevitably a few things I sprang for that might have made people wonder. The unnecessary accoutrement series will account for those accessories and add-ons that were purely elective -- and totally damn awesome. Huzzah!

First up? The earrings. Renting super swanky diamond and pearl dangles is one of those things that I certainly never imagined I would do, but OH MAN am I glad I did. They could not have been more perfect with the pearls Jon gave me and added an extra touch of elegance and sparkle to my wedding-day ensemble:




They're beautiful, aren't they? And I don't even care that I didn't get to keep them. When else am I going to wear sparkly pearl earrings in my regular life?

2 comments:

  1. THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!! I love it! They look so beautiful on you! You don't even need to keep them because they will be in the pictures you will have forever. Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that last photo is beautiful! thanks for the blog comment last month. finally catching up and getting a chance to read your blog.

    congrats on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete