Tuesday, August 17, 2010

my cousin's butterfly wedding

Jon and I attended my cousin Vicki's wedding this past weekend in my parents' hometown of Kingsport, Tenn. (It's Vicki's hometown too, of course.) Like my folks' Kingsport wedding all those years ago, Vicki and Greg held both the ceremony and the reception at their church. Unlike my parents' wedding, there was definitely a theme to the decor: butterflies.

Vicki loves butterflies -- my other cousin even wore butterfly earrings to the event in Vicki's honor -- and you could tell, because they were everywhere. What was so cool about it was that many of them were stained-glass butterflies made by Vicki's dad over the course of her engagement. There was one of the arrangements pictured below on each windowsill in the sanctuary, and apparently each bridesmaid got to choose one as her bridesmaids' gift. How sweet is that?


Outside the sanctuary by the programs, they'd even stuck a butterfly in the bible...


Their delicious cake (inspired by the colorful MS Weddings cover from last winter?):


image found here

Here's another stained-glass Uncle Don original acting as a centerpiece on one of the reception tables:


Last but certainly not least, we have the blushing bride and groom, dancing their first dance. You can't see it here, but Vicki has a crystal butterfly on her necklace and I think a butterfly pin in her hair (as all the bridesmaids wore).


Congrats, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment