Monday, August 30, 2010

Wedding day recap: do these guys know how to party or what?

After the toasting and special dances were finished, Tom the DJ opened up the floor for party time! I actually didn't get to dancing for a while once things got started -- I was greeting and hugging guests on the side of the room I hadn't gotten to yet -- but I was happy to hear that Tom was reading the crowd just fine and kicked off with some oldies that the boogie-ready parentals would want to dance to.


Susan and Uncle Steve, cutting a rug


(Non-Uncle) Steve and Susan, not dancing but
looking quite the handsome couple for the camera


me and Jon dancing to one of the only slow songs I
remember hearing, Ray Charles' Georgia on my Mind


Soon enough one of my bridesmaids decided I'd had plenty of time for talking and I needed to be on the dance floor, so off I went to party it up with all of our friends. This is where the evening gets hazy (even though I only drank a couple glasses of Champagne then stuck with Cheerwine for the rest of the reception); I can hardly remember what songs the DJ played! The reception is pretty much a blur. There was definitely some Journey, a little 99 Luftballons , a touch of Motown Philly, toss in a bit of Backstreet Boys... generally lots of '80s/'90s/early aughts goodness. All the makings of a raging dance party! (At least for my friends.) Jesse, Whitney and third-shooter Keaton did an amazing job of capturing the spirit of the party:





everybody cut footloose








Uncle Tom, portraying the post-motorcycle accident
Leader of the Pack (it's something of a family tradition)




me and my siblings, rocking out to Journey


Ridiculous fun, no? These are such epically kickass photos. True classics, all of them.

Hard to believe it's possible, but I have just a few more photos from the reception to show y'all! Stay tuned...

*all photos courtesy of Our Labor of Love

8 comments:

  1. Loving these pictures, especially rocking out to Journey - class photo! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! There will be MUCH rocking out to Journey at our wedding, also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographer is so talented! I love your pictures! They are everything you want in pictures of you and your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found your blog through la petite coquin! that wedding looks so beautiful and so fun!!!! amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best party photos ever. Hands down.

    I can't get over how excited I am to bump into another classically trained singer in the blog world. What roles do you sing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weeeell, as I mentioned I am a wee bit out of practice... :) That said, concert rep is more my wheelhouse than opera. I was one of the 3 Knaben in magic flute in school, though. These days I work on a lot of sacred stuff for my church gig and the occasional aria. Do you follow this singer-blog?: http://sestissimo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. following! and shut up with this photos! fantastic! looks like a killer party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen it yet, so thank you for introducing it to me! Every once in a while I feel guilty for blogging about weddings instead of my singing but I don't know if I'd have the guts to!

    Most of my dearest friends prefer concert rep, too, although I feel evenly split. It's hard not to enjoy lieder with a built-in accompanist!

    ReplyDelete