Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wedding day recap: post-ceremony photo session

As the wedding party recessed out of the sanctuary, we were all shepherded back to the parlor where the girls had gotten ready to hide out while the crowd dissipated. Much hugging ensued -- I hadn't yet seen Steve, my new father-in-law, that day, or many of the groomsmen. After a few minutes, once our guests had spilled out onto the church steps and the narthex had cleared, Jon and I ducked back into the sanctuary to get a quick photo with the minister:


Done and done. After some more hugs to the music nerd gang that was hanging out by the organ console, it was time to go outside to take a few family and wedding party photos.

Jesse and Whitney don't tend to spend a lot of time on the standard posed pictures in front of the altar, but they of course make room in their schedule for the family portraits that everybody wants. The weather was so lovely and the lawn of the church so green that we decided we'd rather take all of these group shots outside. Fortunately, the weather had also cooled off a bit since 3:30 or 4.

We started off with the family photos, since our parents would need to get to the reception. The bridesmaids and groomsmen were all riding in the glamorous minibus with us, so they could wait. First up, the two families now joined together:

the Ross/Tomsovic clan at left (stepbrothers, brother, stepdad, mama)
and the Poes on the right (dad, mom, sister, brother)

with Jon's side

with Jon's folks

with my side

the Poe children, all looking pretty spiffy (if I do say so myself)

I had to include this one of me and mama because it's so happy.
I love it! She had a real problem with pulling on my veil when she
put her arm around me though. Bad llama!

I think I'm trying to get out of the way here so Jon can have a turn

here we go. The Rosses: Jon, Susan and Matthew

call in the wedding party!

obligatory jumping/celebration picture. Dave, second from right, totally wins.

LOVE this

we have seriously attractive friends, y'all

Once we finished our group session, we sent the wedding party to the bus to soak up some A/C while Jesse took me and Jon aside for a few more photos at the church:






When we were done, Jesse, Jon and I hopped on the bus with the rest of the gang. Emily kindly removed my veil before we got moving, and soon we were off to the reception!



Up next: cocktail hour for the guests, more pictures for me and Jon!

*all photos courtesy of Our Labor of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment