Tuesday, September 7, 2010

parallel pictures

I think I mentioned before that, sadly, most of the pictures that Jesse and Whitney shot of Jon by himself and one-on-one with his groomsmen on the wedding day were lost. The photo below is the only solo picture of Jon we ended up with. When I saw it, it reminded me of another older wedding photo I had come across: namely, one of Jon's dad. Check out this pair of pictures, taken about 34 years apart:


Pretty cool, no? I can definitely see the resemblance here. Seeing that made me wonder if there were any pictures of myself that were similar to the pictures my mom has from her wedding 38 years ago. This is the best match I could make:


And of course, there are the wedding photos that will pretty much always happen if you have a aisle to walk down or a cake to cut, so these next few pairs aren't quite as novel. I still think it's interesting to see, though. (FYI, I cropped these a bit to help with the comparison) We'll let Mom & Dad go first this time:






Did any of y'all who are married have any specific shots you wanted to recreate on your wedding day, either from your parents' wedding album or from somewhere else? Even if you didn't, like me, you might just have some photo doppelgängers lurking amongst your wedding pictures!

*non-old-timey photos courtesy of Our Labor of Love

5 comments:

  1. I would never have thought of doing this. Love it!

    The comparison of Jon and his Dad is awesome. You should frame those together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! And now I feel the need to go through all of my parents' wedding photos ... and Nick's parents' ... and my grandparents' ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the parallel photos and your wedding pics are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that you did this. it's a great way to honor your parents and weddings and a super sweet kickoff to married life.


    you thoughtful gal, you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress and that rockin mustache.

    ReplyDelete