Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Smilebooth + Blurb = Awesome

Tonight I wrapped up a post-wedding project that's been in the works for a while: making a Blurb book of our favorite Smilebooth photos. Over the course of the reception more than 600 Smilebooth photos were taken, many of which are total keepers, so making a book seemed like the most efficient, cost-effective and accessible thing to do with our digital negatives. We'll keep it on our coffee table and have a good chuckle every now and then when we crack it open.

Wanna see? Of course you do! Check out the full preview below...


In the end, I used about 185 photos. Not even a third of the total! (That's not to say that I think more should have been bookworthy, just that I thought I was using a ton and I barely made a dent! Plus, there are plenty of duplicate pics.) I came out with 64 10"x 8" pages, which will be printed on premium paper and shipped to me for a grand total of $44.35 (I had a coupon for the paper upgrade, which saved about $6.50).

This will make a nice companion to our guestbook (also a Blurb production) since a lot of guests missed one thing or the other. Putting them both together should give us a good record of who all was at the wedding when we can't remember anymore!

Did you (would you) have a photobooth at your wedding reception? What did (would) you do with all the pictures after the wedding?

5 comments:

  1. Love your blurb book. Looks awesome! You managed to get some pretty high quality photos of your guests!
    We're doing a similar thing but we've bought a digital photo frame that we are going to load all of our pics onto for display after the wedding :)
    Hope our photos come out as awesome as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAAAMAZING! What I'm noting from this...Abby spent a lot of time in the photobooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Love it - what a fab idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an fantastic idea! I love, love, love Blurb books-totally idiot proof and fantastic looking.

    Also, these are genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Blurb! And your book is so sweet. We didn't do a photobooth at our wedding, but we do have a lot of great party shots from our reception that I'm considering putting into a book of their own.

    ReplyDelete