Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Smilebooth on my shelf

Just last week, I posted a preview of the Blurb book I had put together of our Smilebooth photos. I submitted it in the wee hours of Tuesday/Wednesday morning, and today at lunch I found a lovely little FedEx package from Blurb on my doorstep! Here's the finished product:





I have to say, taking not-terrible pictures of pages of a book with a not-broken spine is pretty difficult... so, sorry for the lame pics. (If you want to see the book's innards, check out the earlier post and flip through the online preview.) Overall I'm really pleased with this -- Blurb did a great job with this and our guestbook, and they're super speedy.

Smilebooth book, guestbook, and my own personal Mirthmobile

I'm going to make a scrapbook of honeymoon pictures/ephemera and order a professional photo album of wedding pictures from our photographers, but if I ever make any other photo books (or cookbooks -- one of those may be in the works) in the future I'm definitely going back to Blurb. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should!

5 comments:

  1. ack so good!!

    OK so I started making a wedding album with Blurb book for our parents as a Thank-You...since we got our really nice one from our photographer....and i got reaaallly overwhelmed with all the different layout options!? AND then i started making my OWN layouts!?

    Basically I spent 2 hours on ONE page and hated it. It's been a month or so since I looked at my "creation". I think I'm just gonna go back and go with simple layouts.

    Seeing how much you love yours gives me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel!!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I've done both times is just skip the layout templates and go with a blank book (as opposed to a wedding book or a guestbook from their options) that I can do myself. You can select pre-made layouts from the dropdown menus ("picture layouts" for example) and then go in and edit them for size and spacing etc. Once you get the hang of it and start saving your own layouts it goes much more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the cover -- that's my big hangup! It looks very spiff.

    Also, do tell more about your olol album once you get it -- debating this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous!

    I've been slowly but surely working on a cookbook myself! My sweetheart's Mama wants my recipes, but it's so time consuming to write them all out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made my day for two reasons:

    one. i love that photo book of yours.

    two. you solved my life by recommending blurb.

    hooray!

    ReplyDelete