Wednesday, November 3, 2010

sad days

Hey y'all. I had planned to get back on track with blogging this week, but on Monday my friends' dear, sweet mother passed away unexpectedly. She had been diagnosed with an aggressive and malignant form of cancer this past summer and was in the midst of treatments and handling them pretty well, so the timing of her passing came as a shock to everyone. It's hard to believe someone so bubbly and vivacious (even during her illness) is no longer with us. I've basically been ignoring that fact since I heard the news; I don't think it will hit me until the service tomorrow.

Here is Susan, at right, in June 2009 with her daughters (and my good friends) Tricia and Jenny at Jenny's wedding. Such a gorgeous family:


And here she is dancing with her wonderful fiance Bill at our wedding this past May, before they knew anything was terribly wrong:


It's one of my favorite pictures of our guests, and it's become even more special given the circumstances. Susan was just gleeful about life and love, and it's written all over her face here.

Anyway, if you think of it send up some prayers/good vibes/happy thoughts for the Coyne family and all of Susan's friends in the coming days and weeks. I'll be back to blogging soon.

11 comments:

  1. Happy thoughts and prayers to you and your friends' family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrible shock. I'm so sorry to hear about this and I'll definitely keep you and the Coyne family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad - and she was planning her own wedding as well? How sad for her family & fiance. It's never easy losing someone but I always feel like it's worse when it comes right before the holidays. They are most def. in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry...photos like this help you celebrate someone's life and vivaciousness though...maybe share those with Jenny as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks y'all. Dancy, as far as I was aware they hadn't set a firm wedding date, but my friend tells me that they had been talking about getting married this summer sometime but then had to delay because of health issues. So sad. I don't know how they'll all get through the holidays. Lizzie, I definitely sent this to Jenny & Tricia! And I sent it to Susan, too, while she was in the midst of chemotherapy. Hopefully it will be a happy memory for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing photograph, and a wonderful way to remember such a vibrant woman. My thoughts and prayers are with her family, and with all of you who loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of prayers and good vibes for your friend, your friend's family and you too. so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen, sorry to hear you're going through such a sad time. I'm sure you're friends are thankful to have your love & support. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very sad - my thoughts and prayers are with you, your friend, and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How horrible. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't stop thinking about tricia. this makes my heart break over and over. i always thought susan looked just like susan sarandon. this is such a beautiful picture and a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete