Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010: my year in Facebook photos

While I was out in Idaho for the holidays, my brother-in-law challenged me to put together a 2010 retrospective composed of Facebook photo highlights: one picture from each album I posted in the last year. Easy, right? It was actually quite difficult to boil down some of the larger albums that encompassed many events and months to one photo. I also realized that there was a lot I didn't document on Facebook (though some of my friends took care of that) -- mainly our wedding showers/parties that I covered pretty thoroughly here. (As I recall, I was trying my damnedest to be tactful, given that Jon and I have many hundred Facebook friends who were not being invited to our wedding.)

I made (or added to) 22 albums in 2010, so here are my 22 favorite shots that should provide a good overview of what went on in my life last year. All photos were taken by me (or Jon, if I'm in the photo) using my dad's Nikon DSLR (some day I'll have a fancy camera of my very own!), my Canon point-and-shoot, a Polaroid 300 and the Vignette app on my Droid Incredible, except for the two from Our Labor of Love and one from Smilebooth -- those should be pretty obvious. Here goes!

January

February

March

April

May




July



August


October


November

December





Looks like 2010 was a pretty good year, doesn't it?

10 comments:

  1. okay. 2010 was a fantastic year. i'm totally copying your year in facebook photos...p.s.

    also - your cat yawning?! your puppy!? your apron?! your wedding?! all absolutely beautiful and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year =0) Your last few photos are really gorgeous - did you take them? If so on what camera? Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last few were taken with a Nikon DSLR and the square ones were taken with the Vignette app on my Droid phone. I totally meant to say that! I edited the post above to include that info -- thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did the dog do that with his legs?!??! It looks impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the photos! Did you guys go to canada on y'alls honeymoon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jennie I know! Doesn't it look like something out of a cartoon?

    @n We did indeed! Quebec City and Montreal. Perfect weather, tasty food and lots of fun -- there's a big ol' recap on the blog under the "honeymoon" tag if you want to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Kathleen. And your apron is amazing. I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! One of my best friends brought me that apron back from a family trip to Italy as a birthday present. She said she found it in a market in Florence. How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea!!! it basically summed up your whole year for me! Awesome. Thank you agin for having us on Sat. we both had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete